Everything should be perfect on your D-day, especially your skin. Thus, you must invest in a pre-wedding skin care regimen to attain healthy and glowing skin. Keep aside the worries of acne breakouts, dry patches, or dullness, and embrace tightened, toned, and moisturized skin. This article has a comprehensive skin care regimen that you can adopt before the big day. Keep scrolling!
How To Plan A Wedding Beauty Regimen
A wedding is a big affair, and it demands pre-planning a good year well in advance. Hence, it is best to start taking care of your skin early to see substantial results. We have created a full-year plan for you. Read on to know more.
One Year Before The Wedding Day
No doubt you know your skin, but a dermatologist can help you tackle any skin issues along the way to your wedding day. Consult a dermatologist a year or nine months ahead to get a complete skin care plan. Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Get A Year-Long Skin Care Plan: Plan out your skin care regimen for an entire year. If you have any blemishes or scars, your dermatologist can suggest treatments, like microdermabrasion, to reduce them.
- Discuss Your Skin Conditions: If you have acne, psoriasis, or other skin conditions, find the best treatment options. Also, have a plan for breakouts on the wedding day.
- Do Not Ignore The Neck And Decolletage: The skin on your neck and decolletage is thinner than the rest of your body. Ask for skin care products to smoothen this area. It will help if you pick an off-shoulder wedding gown.
- Ask For Product Suggestions: Ask the dermatologist for products that will best suit your skin type. If you have dry skin, avoid using products with alcohol to prevent flaking. Instead, opt for moisturizing serums that will leave your skin hydrated and nourished. If you have oily skin, choose water-based, non-comedogenic products. They will not cause breakouts or feel greasy on your skin.
UV protection is the key. Exposure to harmful UV rays not only leads to sunburns but also causes premature aging. Ask your dermatologist for the right sunscreen, depending on your age and skin tone. You will notice a reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and age spots.
- Get Rid Of Those Stretch Marks
If you have stretch marks, talk to your dermatologist about the best treatment options. This will help fade them and reduce their visibility. Start the treatment a year or nine months ahead of your wedding for the best results.
You might not want to spend your wedding day and honeymoon shaving or waxing unwanted hair. Consider laser hair removal to permanently eliminate dark, coarse hair from your face, legs, chin, back, arms, underarms, and bikini line.
6 Months Before The Wedding Day
Retinol creams increase skin elasticity, boost collagen production, and reduce signs of aging like wrinkles and age spots. But they may not suit every skin type. Consult a dermatologist before trying any retinol products.
Stress often deteriorates your skin health, leading to dark patches and dullness. It hampers the natural skin barrier function and leaves the skin prone to damage. Therefore, follow these tips to relieve stress and make your skin glow.
- Try breathing and stretching exercises.
- Go for a walk.
- Practice meditation.
- Dry brush your skin.
Indulge in regular facials and exfoliating treatments. This will help treat the harsh effects of pollution and sun exposure and prevent premature aging. Such treatments will keep your skin perfectly toned and youthful-looking on your wedding day.
4 Months Before The Wedding Day
- Discuss With Your Makeup Artist
Sit down with your makeup artist four months before your wedding. This enables you to try out different looks and explore what fits best with your personality, attire, and overall wedding theme. If you are planning to do the makeup yourself, ask a makeup artist for some useful tips. You can plan your final look with them and then practice it yourself. They will prepare you for any mishaps on D-day.
Tanning adds warmth to your skin tone. But if you decide to get tanned, you need to alter your makeup accordingly. Choose your preferred method of tanning, either natural, a tanning bed, or a spray tan.
One of the best ways to make your skin healthy and radiant naturally is by working out daily. It keeps you fit, and you will notice higher energy levels throughout the day.
3 Months Before The Wedding Day
Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. A balanced diet will boost your energy and impart a natural glow to your skin.
- Avoid Smoking And Alcohol
Smoking increases free radical production and causes aging and dullness. Alcohol consumption affects your skin, making it look tired and flushed. It may also enlarge your pores and trigger breakouts. Thus, avoid smoking and alcohol to keep dryness, sagging, and wrinkles at bay.
Incorporate brightening creams into your skin care regimen to get even-toned, radiant skin. These creams help remove spots, dark circles, discoloration, and blemishes.
2 Months Before The Wedding Day
- Take Out Time For Yourself
Planning a wedding means meeting lots of people, which may lead to stressful situations. Make sure that you schedule time for yourself daily at least two months prior to your wedding. You will be surprised how much this has a positive impact on your skin and mental, physical, and emotional health. Get a coffee, read a book, or go window shopping – whatever calms, relieves, and excites you.
1 Month Before The Wedding Day
- Do Your Final Makeup Checks
Make sure you have got your wedding day makeup look all set. Do your final checks a month before the wedding.
- Be Prepared For Any Flare-ups
If you have acne-prone skin or any other skin condition, plan beforehand in the event of any flare-ups. Consult a dermatologist for last-minute tips on how to control them. You can also opt for prescription creams that help reduce flare-ups, inflammation, pimples, swelling, and redness.
Just before the wedding day, you might want a more customized skin care routine. Follow these simple tips to achieve your desired look.
Pre-Wedding Day Skin Care Regimen
- Religiously follow the CTM routine. Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are the trinity of skin care. Cleansers remove excess oil, dirt, product residue, and dust from the skin. Toners keep the skin firm, supple, and tight, while moisturizers hydrate the skin, offering a natural glow and youthful appearance.
- Let yourself and your skin relax and de-stress.
- Go for facials and exfoliating treatments to eliminate dullness, fatigue, and the effects of pollution.
- Practice some light exercises to let your skin breathe.
- Massage your face daily for about 5-10 minutes to increase blood flow.
- Get 7-8 hours of sound sleep to keep your skin energized.
- Do not apply any makeup before the wedding day. This gives your skin breathing time a day before your wedding.
- Indulge in a full body massage. You will feel relaxed and de-stressed, and your skin will look youthful and healthy.
Your skin has the incredible power to bring out your inner beauty, and when it comes to your wedding, your skin should look flawless. Pre-wedding beauty regimen begins as early as a year ahead of the event. As the beauty tips above suggest, eat well and exercise. A healthy lifestyle can make all the difference to your skin. Also, do not forget to keep your body hydrated. Apart from all that, make sure you are happy. A chilled mind will keep your skin relaxed and help you glow!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which facial gives an instant glow in parlor?
Different parlors offer various facials that not only make your skin glow but also leave it hydrated, smooth, and healthy. Gold facial and diamond facial are two of the most popular parlor facials for an instant glow.
How soon before your wedding should you get waxed?
If you have gotten waxed before, then get it done two or three days ahead of your wedding day as there may be redness or swelling. If it is your first time getting waxed, start three-four months ahead and keep getting regular sessions after that.
- Investing in a pre-wedding skin care regimen can help keep away acne breakouts, dry patches, or dullness and help you achieve tightened, toned, and moisturized skin for the big day.
- It is ideal to start planning at least a year in advance to see substantial results.
- It is important to talk to a professional for a personalized plan and specialized guidance for choosing products specific to your skin type and issues.